devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa reference manual source format : OpenOffice

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa reference manual source format : OpenOffice
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:29:27 +0200

Serge Aumont schrieb:
> To complete Olivier's answer :
>
> We decided recently to move the reference manual from Latex to
> OpenOffice in order to make contribution more easy. The first step
> would be to define an OpenOffice document style. I thought it will be
> easy to find such document style appropriate for technical documentation
> somewhere in the open world but I could not find anyone.
I've been on the road last week, so my contribution is a little bit
late, sorry.

Currently I'm missing some kind of "Owners manual" (perhaps an even more
compressed "owners introduction") to give to my listowners. Several
parts of the current-sympa-documentation certainly aren't relevant for
my owners and would be listmaster-only.

Writing two seperate manuals certainly would not work (if you have it
twice, it will be different...), so I'd just love to have some "master",
which could (automatically) generate more specific documentation. So
basically all sections would require tags like "releavant for listowner
and listmaster", "setup/installation", etc., so I could do "make
setup-doc" or "make owners-manual", etc. I'm not sure wheter that would
actually be possible, but I suppose it would be an idea worth keeping in
mind when you desing a new documentation-system.

--
CU,
Patrick.