devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa reference manual source format : OpenOffice

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa reference manual source format : OpenOffice
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:49:55 +0200

Hi Bill

You did a very good argumentation against WYSIWYG editor. We know all theses arguments, that why latex was the first choice. We decide for openoffice because :

* we can't spent too much time for tools but for the doc itself
* the ease of use is very important
* openoffice satisfy many of the requested properties such as open
source, generate HTML and PDF

Openoffice comes with a powerful spell checker, I'm sure will see the difference in the documentation we produce :-)

Serge