devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa reference manual source format : OpenOffice

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa reference manual source format : OpenOffice
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:59:38 +0200

address@concealed schrieb:
[...]
>> Writing two separate manuals certainly would not work (if you have it
>> twice, it will be different...),
>
> I understand your concern about having separate manuals for
> the different roles because of the possibility (if not
> probability) of having these manuals go out of sync with
> each other. Having one document that is used to create

I tried to cut out everything of the manual not required for the
administrator yesterday. Basically, I gave up, since there was hardly
anything left I would give to my listowners.

So today I agree: there is too little in common between the different
docs that the overhead of using a common source an generating specific
documents could be justified.

I'm very happy that there is a french owners-manual available and I'll
certainly try to find the time to translate the english translation to
german, as soon as it is available. ;-)
--
CU,
Patrick.