en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:50:17 +0200

On 06/10/2017 01:29 PM, Marc Chantreux wrote:
> hello,
>
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 09:28:33AM +0200, Flemming Bjerke wrote:
>> Now, I am logged in, but I wonder how I should make a page about
>> debian/ubuntu installation on the sympa-community pages?
>
> As system administrator, i really like when instructions are provided in
> the package. There is an INSTALL file in
>
> https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa
>
> Maybe create a INSTALL.ubuntu with the extra informations related to
> ubuntu ?
>
> regards

I would prefer a *.md file that is more structured than a plain text
file and looks nicer in Github.

This can be used to create the INSTALL file at release time.

Also we should probably name it INSTALL.deb as the installation
on Debian and Ubuntu is most likely similar.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.