en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: Ashley Jones <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 09:50:10 -0700

On 06/05/2017 06:08 AM, Flemming Bjerke wrote:

> I think it is discouraging to newcomers that the official installation
> instructions for sympa are a mess,

Oh yeah - I almost didn't use Sympa because I couldn't actually find
coherent install instructions. That was my impotence for publishing the
how to guides - so that others might more easily find their way.

>> I think it would be a very good idea if sympa FAQ were updated so that
>> such instructions easily could be found by newcomers. How could that be
>> done?
>>
>> Flemming
>>

> I suggest to build an official installation guide for Debian/Ubuntu
> in the GitHub wiki

While a git repo would more easily facilitate group input, I think the
first step is figuring the path to publish on sympa.org. I assume
sympa.org maintainers hang out on this list? If not, is there a more
formal process to approaching the site maintainers about a content update?

cheers,
-adj