en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: Flemming Bjerke <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:25:54 +0200

Thank you.

I for my part is not interested in forking sympa-community. I will look through the different installation input, which has been posted here, and see if it is relavant to update my getting started debian installation.

I will post the result on this list. Then, i must be up to others to find out how to update the installation instructions on sympa.org.

I have a question:

I notice that you use aliases to configure postfix. I use transport. Is there any reason for preferring either of these approaches?

Flemming

Your postfix setup

=============

  * Edit /etc/sympa/sympa.conf to add following line:
    ```
    aliases_program postalias
    ```

  * Edit /etc/sympa/aliases.sympa.postfix file as you prefer.

  * Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf:

    * Add following maps to $alias_maps:

      * hash:/etc/sympa/aliases.sympa.postfix

      * hash:/var/lib/sympa/sympa_aliases

    * Add following map to $alias_database:

      * hash:/etc/sympa/aliases.sympa.postfix

    * Add following line:
      ```
      recipient_delimiter = +
      ```

  * Run ``newaliases``.

  * Run ``su sympa -c /usr/sbin/sympa_newaliases.pl``.

  * Run ``systemctl restart postfix.service``.

N.B.: This instruction is to use postalias(1) maintainance tool.  If you
wish to use postmap(1), edit /etc/sympa/sympa.conf to add a line
``aliases_program postmap``.

The transport setup of postfix

====================

In /etc/postfix/master.cf, add:

sympa   unix        -   n   n   -   -   pipe
    flags=R user=sympa argv=/usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue ${recipient}
sympabounce unix    -   n   n   -   -   pipe
    flags=R user=sympa argv=/usr/lib/sympa/bin/bouncequeue ${recipient}

In /etc/postfix/main.cf, add :

transport_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/sympa_transport.cf
local_recipient_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/sympa_transport.cf
sympa_destination_recipient_limit = 1
sympabounce_destination_recipient_limit = 1

In /etc/postfix/sympa_transport.cf add :

/^.*-owner\@listes\.domaine\.fr$/ sympabounce:
/^.*\@listes\.domaine\.fr$/       sympa:

Restart sympa:

systemctl restart postfix sympa