en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 09:20:49 +0200

On 06/05/2017 06:08 AM, Flemming Bjerke wrote:
> I think it is discouraging to newcomers that the official installation
> instructions for sympa are a mess, at least for ubuntu og debian binary
> installation. I think it is a quite efficient way to avoid newcomers
> adopting sympa. They might event think: If installation instructions are
> such a mess, what about the software?
>
> http://www.sympa.org/linux.html
>
> https://www.sympa.org/manual/web-interface
>
> There are at least 4 recent installation instructions for ubuntu/debian:
>
> https://www.cerenit.fr/blog/installation-de-sympa-sur-debian-jessie
>
> https://blog.plip.com/2017/04/03/howto-sympa-6-1-on-ubuntu-16-04/
>
> https://blog.plip.com/2017/06/04/howto-sympa-6-2-on-ubuntu-17-04/
>
> I have posted instructions for a debian installation on sympa-users list.
>
> I think it would be a very good idea if sympa FAQ were updated so that
> such instructions easily could be found by newcomers. How could that be
> done?
>
> Flemming

I suggest to build an official installation guide for Debian/Ubuntu
in the GitHub wiki (which could be moved later into the official
documentation).

It would be also useful to show how to use Sympa with Nginx, which
is the way I'm doing it.

This would also help us to identify problems with the packages
itself.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.