en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: Flemming Bjerke <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 06:40:41 +0200

On 05-06-2017 18:50, Ashley Jones wrote:
> While a git repo would more easily facilitate group input, I think the
> first step is figuring the path to publish on sympa.org. I assume
> sympa.org maintainers hang out on this list? If not, is there a more
> formal process to approaching the site maintainers about a content update?

I guess what Stefan had in mind was that we should make a page here:

https://github.com/sympa-community/

Isn't a good idea to start there because there are some details in
our installations that could be scrutinised a bit (e.g. postfix setup)

Are you accustomed to use github? If you are, I suggest that you upload
your two ubuntu installation instructions, and then I upload mine and
the french one.

Then, we could finish the installation guide. I guess that, eventually,
most of the instructions for debian and ubuntu may be identical.

When we have finished, I can't imagine that it wouldn't be uploaded to
sympa.org some way or another. Probably, the package maintainers of
debian and ubuntu would be interested as well.

I will also find out and add how to setup https on sympa.

flem