en - [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess

  • From: Flemming Bjerke <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Installation instructions are a mess
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 06:08:07 +0200

I think it is discouraging to newcomers that the official installation
instructions for sympa are a mess, at least for ubuntu og debian binary
installation. I think it is a quite efficient way to avoid newcomers
adopting sympa. They might event think: If installation instructions are
such a mess, what about the software?

http://www.sympa.org/linux.html

https://www.sympa.org/manual/web-interface

There are at least 4 recent installation instructions for ubuntu/debian:

https://www.cerenit.fr/blog/installation-de-sympa-sur-debian-jessie

https://blog.plip.com/2017/04/03/howto-sympa-6-1-on-ubuntu-16-04/

https://blog.plip.com/2017/06/04/howto-sympa-6-2-on-ubuntu-17-04/

I have posted instructions for a debian installation on sympa-users list.

I think it would be a very good idea if sympa FAQ were updated so that
such instructions easily could be found by newcomers. How could that be
done?

Flemming