en - Re: [sympa-users] A principle for next generation of sympa

  • From: Flemming Bjerke <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] A principle for next generation of sympa
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 10:09:42 +0200

On 03-06-2017 01:41, Matthew Caron (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
> It's interesting that you identify Reddit and 4chan as problems. I
> rather enjoy them. Indeed, people are only really honest on an app like
> Candid.

Yes, a privacy protection like that of Candid may promote honesty. But,
it may promote lies, twarted truths, trolling, defamation, flames, etc.
as well. Hence, it is important to develop a system that help people
filtering high from low quality comments. If someone writes "Trump
always says the truth.", a slashdot like system may give such comments
poor ratings, and thus help people to ignore them and focus on the high
quality comments.

https://slashdot.org/moderation.shtml

If it were feasible to combine pseudonyms and a (simplified)
slashdot-like credit, threshold and moderation system, it would be an
important development of sympa that could make sympa an important debate
system that may promote serious debate (contrary to facebook). Indeed,
slashdot has the best peer review system I have seen.

flem