en - Re: [sympa-users] trouble installing 5.1b

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] trouble installing 5.1b
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:10:49 -0700

> The CSS is not correct because it still contains variables (including
> [% color_xx %]). The static CSS is accessed directly by your web
> browser ; it is not parsed by wwsympa ; that's why you don't have
> colors in your wwsympa.

Okay, thanks -- but this is what the installer installed, and nothing
anywhere tells me to edit the colors, and nothing tells me what the
different colors represent in the interface, which makes it very
difficult to know how to set them. Shouldn't they have some default
values when installed? Should they show up in the sympa.conf file with
default values? They don't, even when I reinstalled after removing my
existing sympa.conf/wwsympa.conf files entirely.

> You should either install the static CSS via wwsympa's skinedit
> feature or install it manually. To install it manually you should
> first run wwsympa without the css_url and css_path NOT set (with this
> configuration the CSS is dynamically parsed by wwsympa) and then save
> it on disk.

I did that first, and as I mentioned in my first report, the skin
editing thing didn't work -- it wouldn't write the file -- which I think
indicates a second problem in the installation. So I had to create the
file manually.

> Note : we are currently fixing a few problems with skinedit ; we'll
> let you know when patches are available.

I look forward to it.

adam