en - Re: [sympa-users] setlocale and solaris 9

  • From: Dan Clawson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] setlocale and solaris 9
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:45:14 -0600 (MDT)

Steve,

I had the same problems.

By default a Solaris 9 install only has the POSIX/C locale installed. You
can add all the packages after the fact, and make all these errors go away.
Here are a couple of articles about the Localization and Internationalization
that list the packages.

http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/europe.html
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/americas.html
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/australasia.html
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/asia.html
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/sol9_locale_pkgs/mideast-northafrica.html

For my default Sympa install, I installed all the packages in the "North Ameria Partial Locales"
(americas.html), "Western Europe Partial Locales", "Southern Europe Partial Locales", and
"Central European Partial Locales" (europe.html).

This solves all the errors.

HTH.

Dan