en - Re: [sympa-users] trouble installing 5.1b

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] trouble installing 5.1b
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:44:54 +0200

Adam Bernstein wrote:
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 12:10 -0700, Adam Bernstein wrote:

The CSS is not correct because it still contains variables (including
[% color_xx %]). The static CSS is accessed directly by your web
browser ; it is not parsed by wwsympa ; that's why you don't have
colors in your wwsympa.

Oops, I just understood what you were saying here.  So I should have manually edited all those colors in the parsed CSS to create the static one.  But there's still two problems: the parsed CSS doesn't work at all, and the static CSS installer doesn't work.

No you missunderstood me. You never ever have to parse templates manually.
What I mentionned is that if Sympa's static CSS installation fails (probably for access right reasons) then you can do a "save as" of the dynamic CSS in your web browser and install it then install it in your web hierarchie.

But obviously you didn't manage to have the "dynamic" CSS work properly, so it is not an option for you.
I've just removed the css_url parameter, so now it's running just as when it was freshly installed with the parsed CSS (but I kept css_path defined, so the static CSS installer can be tested).  Please take another look.

http://dev.electricembers.net/lists

If you have a closer look at the HTML, you'll note that the stylesheet URL in incorrect, it is double-slashed :
http://dev.electricembers.net/lists/css//style.css
This URL is based on the wwsympa_url sympa.conf parameter. Your wwsympa_url obviously has an additional trailing '/' that should be removed.