devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Ldap updates from sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Ldap updates from sympa
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:03:01 -0800

We could use an ability for Sympa to push self-subscribed addresses from Sympa to LDAP. This would minimize the customer interface needed to review and manage members.

Currently, for lists that are a combination of LDAP (group) and self-subscription, the list owners have to use the LDAP interface to change those members. They also have to use the Sympa web interface to manage self-subscribed members. If Sympa pushes self-subscribed members to the LDAP group, then the owners need only use the LDAP interface.

Thomas Berry
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, CalTech

Mark K wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:10:27 -0500