devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Ldap updates from sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Joe Vieira <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Ldap updates from sympa
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:11:17 -0500

comments re: Publishing Sympa mailing lists to in a LDAP directory

Questions:
Should we use GroupOfNames objects or GroupOfUniqueNames?
I would tend to lean toward GroupOfUniqueNames, because they should be unique...

Apart from the list address, subject, members, owners and moderators, what other list information should be published in the LDAP directory?
this seems like Sympa should create a custom schema to compliment the attributes already found in GroupOfUniqueNames.
Should we store member informations such as name and reception mode?
it seems like name is a natural, because the user likely has a full DN which the group should be pointing to. reception mode i don't know.

Joe Vieira
UNIX Systems Administrator
Clark University - ITS