devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Ldap updates from sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Mark K <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Ldap updates from sympa
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:10:34 -0600

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:10:59 -0500
Joe Vieira <address@concealed> wrote:

> but in both of these scenarios you've assumed that the goal is not
> for users to be able to add themselves to that group...
> example:
> a.)student is auditing a class, or is just sitting in unofficially,
> or is perhaps a TA, and the professor wants them to get class
> mailings. that student would not have been added by our automated
> processes, but that does not mean they shouldn't get the mail. So the
> professor or someone with the ability to add them does so, i assume
> that would go in the local sympa database.
Have a scenario where a list admin (prof) can add additional
subscribers.

> b.) then perhaps that student OFFICALLY registers in the course, they
> then get added to the ldap group, now they are added locally via
> sympa's database AND in LDAP, so they get two emails for every one
> that is sent? problem.
I *assume* that sympa would recognize duplicate subscribers but I
haven't tested this. If not, this would be an easy addition. A more
useful addition for this use case is something that would remove a
local subscriber that is identical to an included subscriber.

--
Mark K