en - Re: [sympa-users] How to ask the question to solve the problem about Sympa [draft]

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to ask the question to solve the problem about Sympa [draft]
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:20:39 +0900

Hi,

Below is an explanation and apology on my posts. Please ignore this
post if you are not interested.

***

Frankly, I am perplexed because I did not expect that my mention of
paid support would be perceived as blatant commercial activity on the
mailing list.

As I stated in the conditions in my description, I thought there are
people who wanted paid support more than mutual aid, so I explained
it at the beginning to save time of those people.

For people taking care of Sympa purely as their business, there may
be the case that they want to solve a problem even if it costs.

A similar example is that, the other day someone on a mailing list
asked if there is the compoany that offers training on operating
Sympa. It is not easy to offer such a service with voluntary basis.

By the way. The company I work for offers maintenance support
service of Sympa (and also training, upon request). However, I am
not going to advertise it here.

First, the services we provide require a corporate-to-corporate
contract and are somewhat expensive. Therefore, we basically do not
accept individual customers.

Second, all inquiries to our staff should be made in Japanese
language. :-< It is necessary for customers to learn Japanese before
purchasing our services. If you can't read the names of I and my
company in my email signature, you're not likely to be our customer.

***

Anyway, I did not expect the first section of my description to be so
controversial. My apologies.

And I hope you will continue reading ahead.

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン