en - Re: [sympa-users] How to ask the question to solve the problem about Sympa [draft]

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to ask the question to solve the problem about Sympa [draft]
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 09:34:11 +0200

On 28/06/2022 09:03, Olivier Salaün wrote:
Dear Soji,

Le 27/06/2022 à 22:24, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
2022/06/27 22:51、Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>のメール:
I'm still confused, sorry, but could you precise if the "Before you ask
questions" you submitted:

a) is a copy/paste of the template you use for your company's customers and you forgot
to remove the "paid support" parts?

OR

b) intentionnaly referred to "paid support" for the Sympa users community?

Neither.

To begin with, I wrote, there are conditions for choosing over paid support.
You don’t object to it, do you?

Sorry but I still don't understand why anywhere in the Sympa projects we
should advertise for paid support.

Hello Olivier,

actually we are doing this for a long time
(https://www.sympa.org/technical_support).

There are certainly cases where requests can not fulfilled by the community,
so a hint to professional support is OK in my opinion.
Especially from a person who invested so much time into the Sympa project.

Regards
Racke

You can consider this as an objection; but if other Sympa users don't matter,
then feel free to gone on in that direction

Anyways, it is concidered off-topic to elaborate on this document, so would
we submit an issue to the document project and discuss it there?

https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io

--
Automation expert - Ansible and friends
Linux administrator & Debian maintainer