en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:19:28 +0900

Hi Sympa folks,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:46:51 +0200
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> >> We don't care. For now, we're using Jquery for some parts of the
> >> javascript, but really, as soon as there is a good support on the
> >> framework, it's OK in my book.
> > Bootstrap relies on Jquery so everything seems to be good :)
> All is good, then. It's almost too easy at this point... ;-)

Statistics below mainly covering Chinese-speaking world suggest
that IE 6 & 7 still occupy approximately 10 % of market. Similar
tendency can be seen in many developing countries.

http://tongji.baidu.com/data/browser

In contrast, those UAs have more or less been expelled in some other
regions (Europe, North America and several Asia-Pacific countries).

I can't decide whether that percentage is as little as it can be
ignored or not. But if it can not, fallback feature should be
provided in some way for such JavaScript-challenged UAs.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児