en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:46:51 +0200

Hi, it's me again,

Le 10/10/14 14:24, Marc Chantreux a écrit :
Stephan, Emmanuel, David: thanks for feedback.

* make the archives/posts pages look like a web forum.
Well, why not. Note the 6.2 introduces stats, including the number
of posts by a subscriber. The kind of data you find in a web forum.
However, chronological view is still usefull - and used.
this is just about reorganize the page:

* make buttons appear in the right place.
* add keystrokes to reply easily.
* maybe have a button to hide/unhide the left margin menu.
Well, you could also add a few data, as they will be avaialble anyway... ;)

regards.

We wanted to allow people to post HTML from the web interface.
and i will *strictly forbid* (only wiki syntaxes like markdown or
textile would be authorized) this so this point must be configurable.
Righty,
However, you will still have to make a multipart message, as soon as you allow formatiing in the composing page.
What about something like: would it be through wiki-like syntax or WYSIWYG editor, we output wiki-like syntax to Sympa which, in turn, creates HTML and the relevant multipart message?

Now i have some questions about the plan:
* i heard about an impressive "new zeland tunning". Would it be a base?
  is there any link?

Yes. The work by Patrick Rynhart is really nice. Just have a look at
this: https://lists.massey.ac.nz/sympa/home
Patrick and glen already gave me the code! many thanks to them. I hope
they'll release it on github too (or maybe i can? Glen?).
Well, we have some patches already. If they allow me, I can certainly send you them.
Patrick: it's not well known yet, but Marc is part of the Sympa core developpers, so giving the patch to him is like giving it to me.
Well, except that he will probably be far more nitpcking than me about perl style. :-P

We don't care. For now, we're using Jquery for some parts of the
_javascript_, but really, as soon as there is a good support on the
framework, it's OK in my book.
Bootstrap relies on Jquery so everything seems to be good :)
All is good, then. It's almost too easy at this point... ;-)

regards

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21