en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:24:07 +0200

Stephan, Emmanuel, David: thanks for feedback.

> >* make the archives/posts pages look like a web forum.
> Well, why not. Note the 6.2 introduces stats, including the number
> of posts by a subscriber. The kind of data you find in a web forum.
> However, chronological view is still usefull - and used.

this is just about reorganize the page:

* make buttons appear in the right place.
* add keystrokes to reply easily.
* maybe have a button to hide/unhide the left margin menu.

regards.

> We wanted to allow people to post HTML from the web interface.

and i will *strictly forbid* (only wiki syntaxes like markdown or
textile would be authorized) this so this point must be configurable.

> >Now i have some questions about the plan:
> >* i heard about an impressive "new zeland tunning". Would it be a base?
> > is there any link?

> Yes. The work by Patrick Rynhart is really nice. Just have a look at
> this: https://lists.massey.ac.nz/sympa/home

Patrick and glen already gave me the code! many thanks to them. I hope
they'll release it on github too (or maybe i can? Glen?).

> We don't care. For now, we're using Jquery for some parts of the
> javascript, but really, as soon as there is a good support on the
> framework, it's OK in my book.

Bootstrap relies on Jquery so everything seems to be good :)

regards

--
Marc Chantreux,
Mes coordonnées: http://annuaire.unistra.fr/chercher?n=chantreux