en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa webpages to rely on a js framework?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:50:31 +0200

Dear all,

Le 09/10/14 10:20, Marc Chantreux a écrit :
hello,

i'm writting a memo about the future of sympa at strasbourg university
and my feeling is that the major weakness of sympa is the unpleasant UX
(feeling based on my daily helpdesk experience).
Indeed. We did our best to improve it for 6.x version, but it was merely a CSS change.
The page structure and overall reactivity should be improved.

I really concider involving our UX team to rewrite some parts of the UI.
The first targets would be:

* make the archives/posts pages look like a web forum.
Well, why not. Note the 6.2 introduces stats, including the number of posts by a subscriber. The kind of data you find in a web forum.
However, chronological view is still usefull - and used.
* make an easier page to post documents
Sure.
We wanted to allow people to post HTML from the web interface. However, the current post page produces text/html content only. We should tweak it to produce multipart/related content.

Now i have some questions about the plan:

* i heard about an impressive "new zeland tunning". Would it be a base?
  is there any link?
Yes. The work by Patrick Rynhart is really nice. Just have a look at this: https://lists.massey.ac.nz/sympa/home
* the UX team works with Bootstrap (the twitter framework). I'm not a
  web devel. so i personally don't carre. any feedback about it?
We don't care. For now, we're using Jquery for some parts of the _javascript_, but really, as soon as there is a good support on the framework, it's OK in my book.
* would anyone contribute to this sympa side project?

regards

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21