en - Re: [sympa-users] Footer as text?

  • From: Cefiar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Footer as text?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:53:56 +1100

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 07:12, Jeff Abbott wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2005, at 3:03 PM, address@concealed wrote:
> > I specified a footer for one of my groups, and it is consistently
> > read by
> > Outlook clients as a separate text attachment. Did I do something
> > wrong to
> > prevent it from being placed in-line as part of the message?
>
> Check the footer_type in the list's configuration -- if it's not
> specified it'll likely be the default of "mime" which does, indeed,
> attach the footer. Set it to "append" to have it append it to
> outgoing messages.

Not a criticism, but a note:
Appending to messages breaks GPG/PGP signatures on the body of messages, as
the message body is then changed.

Basically, it's a problem with Outlook, that MS don't seem to care about
correcting. So you're either stuck with the Outlook users problem, or the
broken GPG/PGP signature problem. There is no clean and accepted way to
handle it.

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed