en - RE: [sympa-users] Footer as text?

  • From: "Scott Johnson" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Adam Bernstein'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Footer as text?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:55:38 -0500

Thanks again for all your help! It does, however, lead to another question:

So, with this patch, if a user sends a MIME/HTML message, the footer will be
attached, while if it's plain text, it'll be appended?

If so, this leads to another question... Would it ever be possible to have
the ability to append footers to mime/HTML-type messages? Apologies if this
is a basic question or one with an obvious answer... My understanding of
message formatting details is extremely limited.

I ask because my users have the technical sophistication of gravel combined
with the habits of a greedy 2-year old. They won't understand or appreciate
such a limitation, and will not understand or appreciate to me in a very
vocal way. If this is just "the way it is", I'll put up with it (the sympa
system is fine so far otherwise), but if I can say "change is coming"
that'll be a lot better.

Finally, if someone knows of a website that contains instructions for
applying patches such as the one provided, that would be great. I'm still
pretty newbie-ish when it comes to open-source software.

Again, thanks for all the help! :)