en - Re: [sympa-users] Footer as text?

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Footer as text?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:01:10 +0000

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Scott Johnson <address@concealed> wrote
Thanks for the tip!

However, when I make this change to a test group, *no* footer is attached.
This happens when the RECEPTION setting is HTML or standard (direct
reception). Changing it back to MIME results in the footer showing up again.
When I view the message source, I still don't see the footer.

Are you sure? The problem with the append setting is that it simply appends the footer to the end of the raw message. In any message that is not plain text, this doesn't really work. In a multipart message it will be outside of any MIME entity. In a text/html message it will be after the closing </body> tag. But it should be visible if you're looking at the message source. Mind you, you appear to be using Outlook and I've never figured out how to really see the unaltered source with Outlook.

Are there any restrictions in what can be in the footer?

To work in append, it must use the same character set as the message it's being appended too I suppose.
--
Chris Hastie