devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] A /etc/sympa/sympa.conf-dist file

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Luc Didry <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] A /etc/sympa/sympa.conf-dist file
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:34:41 +0200

vendredi 12 avril 2019, 12:23:19 CEST Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> My understanding of Luc's idea is he don't want sympa.conf-dist to be
> edited by the admin. This is only holding the default values which are
> overridden by the real sympa.conf file.

Exactly! That's only a template to pick snippets from because new
options sometimes appear but admins don't know them since the
sympa.conf file is not updated at install time.
Now they can look at sympa.conf-dist to have a look at all the
options. It will not be easy to notice new options if they are not at
the end of the file, but it will be easier than before.

See sympa.conf-dist like an embedded documentation.

The job is done: https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/pull/595.
Now, it surely requires some cleaning: I didn't knew where to put my
script, so I putted it a the root of the repository.
--
Luc
"La route est longue, mais la voie est libre…" https://framasoft.org

Framasoft ne vit que par vos dons (déductibles des impôts). Merci d'avance
pour votre soutien https://soutenir.framasoft.org