devel - [sympa-developpers] A /etc/sympa/sympa.conf-dist file

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Luc Didry <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] A /etc/sympa/sympa.conf-dist file
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 14:05:35 +0200

Hello,

Sympa has a lot of options to put in sympa.conf. Unfortunately,
sympa.conf isn’t updated on upgrades, which can make the sysadmin not
noticing new options.

One simple solution is to provide a /etc/sympa/sympa.conf-dist,
providing all the available options with their default values for
sysadmins to pick the options they want. I think the current minimal
sympa.conf is a good thing though: I think it’s better to have a
minimal and understandable conf file rather an overwhelming conf file
like the one we used to have.

What do you think of that? And how to do that?

I was thinking that I could create a script with the code used by
`sympa_wizard.pl --create` that would generate it, then the script
would be run from `make install` and the file would be installed after
the generation, but would it be the good way to do it?

[1] https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/508
--
Luc
"La route est longue, mais la voie est libre…" https://framasoft.org

Framasoft ne vit que par vos dons (déductibles des impôts). Merci d'avance
pour votre soutien https://soutenir.framasoft.org