devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] 2018 hackathon report

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] 2018 hackathon report
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 18:44:08 +0900

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 11:13:14 +0200
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi Soji,
>

> On 07/06/2018 10:58, IKEDA Soji wrote:
> > No problem. We added it because these questions arose in the meantime
> >> and they were releveant. If you prefer them out, I'll paste thme in a
> >> github issue in the dotorg project.
> > Please remove. I didn't attend to discussion and I haven't been
> > asked for confirming the draft.
> Done!

What about archives?

> >> I'm sorry, I did not understand what you mean here. You want us to
> >> remove these repositories from github? If it is yes, I did not get the
> >> reason.
> > When I asked at first, Marc denied to give reason.
> Well, I don't want to be rude but sending "Marc, please explain" on a
> mailing list is NOT a good way to ask a question. Giving context is
> primordial if you want to be understood.
> So let's all forget about this flamewar and focus on the great task that
> are awaiting us, shall we? I, for one, am very excited about all the
> great things we are about to do!

My post on the list is not the beginning. Do you forget conversasion
on IRC (in 24 May, before my post on list)? Anyhow I have been
waiting, and will read proposal from now on.

Simple creation of repo, branch or PR may not matter. However, it
looked implying usage of external resource. It is not easily
reversible. Such thing may not be decided by limited discussion.

Please make fair discussion, if you want to make great work.

> > I can't agree to
> > such manner.
> >
> > Please remove repository "dotorg" and "old-renater-dokuwiki" once,
> > then wait until we read report, discuss about it and at last create
> > them if necessary.
> Nope, I won't.  A lot of repositories have been created during last year
> hackathon - with only agreement from hackathon attendees - and nobody
> complained.
> If (which I doubt) the purpose of these repositories is pointless, they
> will be mechanically abandoned. In the meantime, I see no reason to get
> rid of them. In addition, Marc already started working on it, that would
> be very unelegant to simply wipe this work.

> >> Indeed. Listen, I'll try to translate it mysqlkef (which I had
> >> originally planned but, well, let's not speak ill of current support).
> > Please publish. When can you publish it?
> What about next week?

Thanks.

Regards,
-- Soji