en - Re: [sympa-users] problems with DMARC?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] problems with DMARC?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:58:27 -0700

I still hope for a real solution, but we're having to pick the lesser of
two evils purely for damage control currently :(

Us too - as of yesterday we're blocking all mail from yahoo.com to our listserver. Our distaste for such a brutal policy is, at least, somewhat balanced by the knowledge that if there's any hope for the rest of the world getting Yahoo to back down from this new policy, it's only going to happen by the rest of the world causing some pain for (Yahoo users who will then cause a sort of pain for) Yahoo.

It's not much, but it's all we've got at the moment. And I have to say, so far our users have been surprisingly understanding, and surprisingly willing to say, "Okay then, guess we gotta get all our subscribes off Yahoo," which gives me some hope.

adam

--
Electric Embers Cooperative
Handcrafted hosting, powering the fires of change