en - Re: [sympa-users] DMARC update?

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] DMARC update?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 22:08:36 -0700

Erik Olson writes:
> It's actually had a perverse silver lining, because for years people
> have been having trouble e-mailing folks off-list. The procedure has
> been so wildly different for each mail client... one product required
> "reply to all" + cutting out the non-relevant ones, one was "reply to
> sender", and some just wouldn't allow it at all. So now, I can safely
> say that to reply to someone off-list, the ONLY way that works, for all
> e-mail clients, is to forward the e-mail and paste in the off-list address.

I'm personally in the "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" camp

http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

but I have friends in the other camps too :)

I also really like the proposed "Mail-Followup-To" and "Mail-Reply-To"
headers

http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

Maybe there is a solution to the DMARC thing that could use something like
that so that MUAs that already support it would still work?

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed