en - Re: [sympa-users] HTTPS with virtual robots?

  • From: Peter Langhans <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] HTTPS with virtual robots?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:56:55 +0200

I did it on version 5.3.3. I put the hostname to the front of the URLs path for interaction with the client. At the beginnng of the fcgi I rewrite the path and sympa variables so that the internal processing remans the same.
See: http://lists.uzh.ch where the Institutes run on separate robots.
I had to change the code and my configuration is probably ab especial.
For me it works fine but I dont know if all the features of sympa still work.
Especially I dont know what happens with user authentication by user certificates and I did it only for wwsympa.fcgi.
Its more a case study of what at least has to be done. And thats not so much.

Im about to make a patch for 5.4.3 an a test installation on 5.4.3. But thats not yet finished. fcgi already works. But its not hardly testet.

All I can offer is some first patches if your interested in.

Peter Langhans

Adam Bernstein wrote:
Is anyone out there using Sympa over HTTPS with virtual robots? If so, can I pick your brain for information about your configuration, specifically how you dealt with the inherent problems of SSL certs? Since the hostname in the URL has to match the hostname in the cert, and Sympa serves all of its virtual robots from one script at one URL (which would mean all sharing one SSL cert), I can't see how to set up SSL at all. Is there any way to do it without creating a new instance of WWSympa, in a new hostname at a new IP address, for each virtual robot? And would that even work?

Many thanks.

adam

Peter Langhans
address@concealed