en - Re: [sympa-users] HTTPS with virtual robots?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] HTTPS with virtual robots?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:59:27 -0700

what you say is true for http requests. However, https is not as easy, because of the SSL protocol. See:
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2007/08/10/ssl-enabled-name-based-apache-virtual-hosts-with-mod_gnutls/

Right, that's what I meant, this is always the problem with SSL. I always have to research it again to remind myself exactly why, but you need each SSL virtualhost to live on a different IP address (or a different TCP port); you can't used name-based virtual hosts with SSL. The one exception may be if you purchase a wildcard SSL cert, but that would only work for different hostnames within the same domain, while I need the same hostname in different domains.

ab