en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Spam blocking

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Spam blocking
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:39:26 +0200

Liam,

Liam Kirsher a écrit :
At first I noticed that the keyword indicated in the doc for messages
headers is "msg_header" and not "header". I ran some test here and
both terms seem to be accepted.
Now, as we are sure your rule syntax is correct, there are only few
solutions left. Just check the following:
1- is the include.send.header located in a directory so that it
governs all the lists in your host (etc/ or etc/your.virtual.host)?
ls -l /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
4 -r--r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 108 Sep 6 14:21
/home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
cat /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
cat /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
title.gettext silently reject mail labeled as SPAM

match([header->X-Spam-Flag],/YES/) smtp -> reject,quiet
This is all right.
Do you use virtual hosts ? If it is the case, isn't there *another* "include.send.header" file defined in your robot config file.
2- did you restart Sympa or touch your list config files after
modifying your scenario ?
I restarted Sympa. Twice. And I retested it by sending a spam message I
had received previously to the list address.
The message is correctly labeled as spam by SpamAssassin, but it's not
rejected. Instead, it is forwarded to the moderator.
Which means:
- either the line you specify in your "/home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header" file isn't used. A line looking like

match([header->X-Spam-Flag],/YES/) smtp -> editor

is used instead. This could be checked by looking for other files (in your list's directory, maybe ?) containing "X-Spam-Flag" ?
- or for unknown reasons, "reject,quiet", is treated as "editor". I tested it in our environment : this is not the case here. So I doubt this could be the cause of your problems.
3- Do you use config.bin files which could resist to changes in list's
config ?
I don't know, I don't think so. I don't know what those are.
If you handle a large number of lists, you should consider using them : they are binary cache versions of the config file and improve greatly Sympa performances.
Does the scenario processing get logged, if so, what level should I
put? Maybe that would help?
We don't have currently a log level specific to scenarios.
What you can do is run sympa.pl in mode debug (i.e. with the "-d" option set) and watch the logs when it processes a Spam message. And check if you notice anything suspect.
Thanks!

David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités