en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Spam blocking

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Spam blocking
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:21:00 -0700

David,

Thanks for your response... see below--

David Verdin wrote:
> Liam,
>
> Liam Kirsher a écrit :
>> address@concealed wrote:

>>> You should look at send header scenario which can contain implicit
>>> rules for all mailling lists. The file is named : include.send.header
>>> . If a rule in this file return "editorkey" or "editor", the
>>> moderation action it will be applied before the rules you define
>>> about X-Spam-Flag header.
>>>
>> I think that is what I did, isn't it? BTW, I'm running 5.3b.4, is the
>> include.send.header file from a later version?
>>
> No. This feature exists since version 3.3a-vhost.10.
> You can define an "include.<action>.header" file for any
> scenarios-ruled action.
>>> May be, if you are confiant with your antispam filter you could
>>> move "match([header->X-Spam-Flag],/YES/) smtp -> reject,quiet" to
>>> "include.send.header" so it will be applied to all your lists.
>>>
>> The match...X-Spam-Flag rule is already in the include.send.header
>> file! And, yes, I want it applied to all my lists.
>>
>> Yeah, the spam filter is fine, in fact for this particular list, I'm the
>> only one authorized to post messages. However, that doesn't stop
>> spambots from trying to post to the list. I'm not going to post any
>> spam to my own list. (And the situation is similar for most of the other
>> lists I hosts.)
>>

> At first I noticed that the keyword indicated in the doc for messages
> headers is "msg_header" and not "header". I ran some test here and
> both terms seem to be accepted.
> Now, as we are sure your rule syntax is correct, there are only few
> solutions left. Just check the following:
> 1- is the include.send.header located in a directory so that it
> governs all the lists in your host (etc/ or etc/your.virtual.host)?
> ls -l /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
4 -r--r--r-- 1 sympa sympa 108 Sep 6 14:21
/home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
> cat /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
cat /home/sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header
title.gettext silently reject mail labeled as SPAM

match([header->X-Spam-Flag],/YES/) smtp -> reject,quiet

> 2- did you restart Sympa or touch your list config files after
> modifying your scenario ?
I restarted Sympa. Twice. And I retested it by sending a spam message I
had received previously to the list address.
The message is correctly labeled as spam by SpamAssassin, but it's not
rejected. Instead, it is forwarded to the moderator.
> 3- Do you use config.bin files which could resist to changes in list's
> config ?
I don't know, I don't think so. I don't know what those are.

Does the scenario processing get logged, if so, what level should I
put? Maybe that would help?

Thanks!

--
Liam Kirsher