en - [sympa-users] Creating a list within a predefined family using WWsympa

  • From: "Gavin Younger" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Creating a list within a predefined family using WWsympa
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:30:23 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to set things up such that when creating a list on the web
interface, the list gets created inside a particular "standard" family
(we are wanting to migrate a large number of lists from our legacy MLM
to sympa, and am using the list families facility to achieve this -
however any *new* lists that get created on the web interface, I'd like
also to be added to this "standard" list family)

So, in /home/sympa/etc/create_list_templates/template-name/config.tt2,
I'm putting the line :

family_name standard

which, in theory, should add the new list to the list-family named
"standard"...

My problem is that when attempting to subsequently edit any parameters -
it fails with the following in the logfile :

Jun 20 16:04:38 ucsmlm1 wwsympa[2908]: Unable to open file
/home/sympa/expl/blah/config_changes :
Jun 20 16:04:38 ucsmlm1 wwsympa[2908]: Impossible to load file
config_changes from list blah
Jun 20 16:04:38 ucsmlm1 wwsympa[2908]: [robot newcastle.ac.uk] [client
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] [user address@concealed] [list blah]
do_savefile: cannot write in config_changes for deleted parameters from
list blah

When the list is created initially, the config_changes file (required to
preserve list customization upon family
re-instantiation) doesn't appear to be being created

Is this a bug? (or shouldn't I be using families in this way?)

I can get things working fine by creating the config_changes file
manually, but I'd like to have it done automatically when the list is
created if possible...

Regards,

Gavin Younger,
Unix Systems,