en - Re: [sympa-users] Creating a list within a predefined family using WWsympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Gavin Younger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Creating a list within a predefined family using WWsympa
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:43:05 +0200

Gavin Younger wrote:

[...]

One of my main drivers behind the use of families (apart from the bulk processing as you mention - we have about 1700 lists to migrate! ;-> ) was the ability to provide constraints on the parameter values (using param_constraint.conf) since we need to constrain the set of available settings on some of the parameters...
I can achieve a similar effect (I assume) by removing the unwanted scenario settings from the site-wide scenario directory (/home/sympa/bin/etc/scenari) - but I'm aware that I'd need to keep on top of this if we upgraded the system to make sure they weren't re-written back...
What would be useful is the param_constraint.conf functionality but in a non-family context (at either list/robot/site level). I'll add a feature request on the tracking system...
Your request makes sense, so please submit a feature request.