en - Re: [sympa-users] upgrade from 4.1.5 to 5.2 - XML::LibXML won't install

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] upgrade from 4.1.5 to 5.2 - XML::LibXML won't install
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:09:01 -0500

I've installed libxml2-2.6.23.tar.gz off the xmlsoft.org site.

I'm still experiencing the same errors. When I try to install
XML-LibXML-Common from source (prerequisite for XML-LibXML) I get

perl Makefile.PL
enable native perl UTF8
running xml2-config... ok
looking for -lxml2... no
looking for -llibxml2... no
libxml2 not found
Try setting LIBS and INC values on the command line
Or get libxml2 from
http://www.libxml.org/
If you install via RPMs, make sure you also install the -devel
RPMs, as this is where the headers (.h files) are.

I have multiple versions of libxml2 on my machine right now. Any advice
would be appreciated. I may just start over from scratch on something other
than a Debian based system.

+++ Redmond Militante <address@concealed> [06/04/27 14:31]: