en - Re: [sympa-users] upgrade from 4.1.5 to 5.2 - XML::LibXML won't install

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] upgrade from 4.1.5 to 5.2 - XML::LibXML won't install
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:36:24 -0700

>> running xml2-config... ok
>> looking for -lxml2... no
>> looking for -llibxml2... no
>> libxml2 not found
>> Try setting LIBS and INC values on the command line

It's clearly not finding the new install -- you can try following that instruction, but it may be a red herring. Might need to poke around some, might try googling for "libxml2 not found".

My next question would be - if I just want to take the few test mailing
> lists I have off of this machine, and move them to a new sympa installation
> on a non-debian based machine, what steps are involved? Or do I have to
> complete this half finished upgrade?

Install on new machine, dump and import the old database, move the list directories over -- should be fine. Although if they're just test lists, it might be easier and better to keep your new Sympa install nice and clean, and just manually recreate the old lists from scratch.

ab