devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:46:37 +0900

Hi, I'l follow up previous post.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:48:43 +0100
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Le 25/02/14 04:05, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:43:48 +0100
> > Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed> wrote:

> Great! I''l test all this before releasing the beta.
> We have a PgSQL available.

As I wrote before, update feature of Oracle may not work sufficiently.
On Sybase I wholly don't know.

> OK. This week, if I may, I'll start running future beta on a new server.
> Otherwise next week.

I was working on it in the last weekend and found that debugging
on my local checkout will last for more few days.

So I would like to postpone it to beta2.

> Good. that will simplify the listmasters' lifes.

> Yes; I'll have a look at the troubles regarding VOOT you mentionned in a

I may add several light changes in this week and next. I'll take
care that changes may not affect to integration test.

> >> This kind of changes would better have been introduced in the trunk
> >> first, and backported to 6.2 later.
> > Okey, I'll merge this change into current trunk. Please wait for
> > a week.
> >
> > If you feel inconvenience in any additions to any branches, please
> > feel free to inform us. I (or any of else) will merge those changes
> > into branch you are working on, trunk.
> >
> > According to current release plan, I suppose that complete merger
> > between trunk and release branch will be obtained when 7.0 will be
> > released.
> >
> > Why I suppose such is: Several reorderings and refactorings had been
> > and will be made on former and several addtions and bug fixes had
> > been and will be made on latter. Both of them are irreconcilable.
> >
> > However, significant changes will be shared between both branches
> > as necessary, even if we will have to submit to "doublethink".
> I agree with you. Some fixes will not be plainly applicable from branch
> 6.2 to trunk and some bugs won't even need to be fixed in trunk, due to
> the new organisation.

> OK.

> OK.

> OK

It'd be done at 7.0.

> OK.

> OK.

> >> I got no specific privileges on the trunk branch, you're welcome to
> >> commit those changes right now. I'm especially interested in your latest
> >> cleanup of leftover wwsympa.conf references.
> You mean guillaume's latest commits ?
> You should have privileges on the trunk; I'll have a lok at that.

> >> I fear than having too much refactoring thread at once exceed everyone's
> >> ability to follow multiple discussions.
> > I'll explain on them after release of any beta of 6.2. Please wait
> > for more moment.
> OK.

Regards,

--- Soji