devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:38:36 +0900

Hi,
I'll tell you my recent work.

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 22:53:56 +0900
IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> wrote:

<<snip>>

> 6.2:
>
> - [dev]/[bug] Fixing bugs and improving robustness of SDM, and
> adding auto-update feature to at least SQLite and PostgreSQL.
> * Corresponding to several changes in db_list_cache, sympa-spool
> and sympa-6.2-branch-old branches.

Done.

> - [change] Improvement of Language module: transition from POSIX
> locale to IETF language tag. It'll make Esperanto, Ido and so on
> possible.

Work in progress. If it couldn't done in this weekend, I'll give up
and postpone it to 7.0.

> - [change] Unifying wwsympa.conf to sympa.conf. Former ahould be
> migrated into latter during upgrade process.

Done.

> - Other improvements done on sympa-6.2-branch-old by some
> contributors, if any

Investigating.

> 6.2 (if time permits) or 7.0:
>
> - [dev] New module LockedFile for locking, obsoleting Lock module.

Done, however, careful tests are required.

> - [dev] Improving list cache on DB and search feature.
> * Corresponding to some works on db_list_cache branch except
> Site/Robot/Family/List refactoring.

I found this change makes code slightly complicated when
Site/Robot/Family/List refactoring had not been done. So it would
be postponed to 7.0.

> - [dev] Refactoring on spool: Introducing modularization
> corresponding to SympaspoolClassic.

Ditto, would be postponed to 7.0.

> - [dev] Refactoring on Message. Removing unneccessary X-Sympa-*
> pseudo-headers, eliminate private keys from bulk table, etc.
> * See also description on developer-only space (Wiki).

I'll draw picture to describe what I think. If it couldn't done in
this weekend, I'll give up and postpone it to 7.0.

> + [dev] Refactoring on Log. Abstract interface hiding concrete log
> backends (syslog, DB, ...) to carry out reporting/logging in
> uniform way.
> * I'll explain details in other days.

7.0.

> + [change] Reconstructing site/robot config page: Giving similar
> look & feel to list config pages.

7.1.

> 7.0:
>
> - [dev] New naming convention.
> Or, if it will not be possible, at least minimum unification of
> style (e.g. lowercasing method names).
>
> - [dev] New file orientation, corresponding to the works on
> sympa-cleanup branch etc., except refactoring on SDM etc.
>
> - [dev] Also, separating and naming modules appropriately (such as
> Sympa::Tools::*).
>
> - [dev] Refactoring on Site/Robot/Family/List, corresponding to the
> part of works on sympa-6.2-branch-old branch.
>
> 7.0 (if time permits) or 7.1:
>
> + [dev] Refactoring (modularizing) alias_manager. LDAP- and MySQL-
> variants will be integrated.
>
> + [dev] Refactoring (modularizing) sympa.pl.
>
> + [dev] Integrating Sympa::Plugin into Sympa core. It'll
> also make following thing possible.
>
> + [dev] Refactoring (modularizing) WWSympa.
> * I'll explain details in other days.
>
> 7.1:
> + [dev] Refactoring on message pipeline to make customization of
> message processing easier.
> * I'll explain details in other days.

And from David:
> > 7.1 should contain SaaS functionnalities (config edition through the
> > web, refactored configuration management, eased virtual host deplyment).
> > You can add whatever you like in this version as soon as it fits within
> > the end-of-the-year deadline.
> > That gives us indicators for our work on Sympa.
> > A word about this schedule?

Regards,

--- Soji

--