en - Re: [sympa-users] OK, I give up (mostly) - does anyone have working Postfix-Sympa?

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Roger Klorese <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] OK, I give up (mostly) - does anyone have working Postfix-Sympa?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:18:57 +0900

Hi Roger,

> 2022/03/31 0:10、Roger Klorese <address@concealed>のメール:
>
> On 3/30/22 6:05 AM, IKEDA Soji wrote:
>
>> For me, the configuration you have been trying looks like a mixture of
>> several outdated methods.
>>
>> The best way to get a correctly working configuration is, I think, at
>> first to erase all existing settings for Sympa and Postfix, and then
>> follow the instructions in the manual below to completely redo the
>> configuration from scratch:
>>
>> https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install/configure-mail-server.html
>>

> Thank you.
>

> I believe I've now followed the recipe carefully, But must have omitted
> something. It doesn't seem like postfix is correctly checking the virtual
> aliases.
>
> I'm moving lists over in bulk, so:
>
> What should the formats be for:
>
> - sympa_transport
>
> - trasnsport,sympa
>
> - virtual.sympa

There are no telepaths here :-). There are multiple ways to set it up (the
method Phil took is probably different from yours, though it looks correct in
itself). At first, please show us what your setup was as a result of
following the instructions in the manual.

I’ll write the prospects after we have confirmed that the settings are
correct:
- You may have to follow upgrade process to upgrade existing configuration,
list data and database.
- You may have to regenerate alias database for existing lists.

Regards,
— Soji