en - Re: [sympa-users] OK, I give up (mostly) - does anyone have working Postfix-Sympa?

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Roger Klorese <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] OK, I give up (mostly) - does anyone have working Postfix-Sympa?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 22:05:47 +0900

Hi Roger,

2022/03/30 15:13、Roger Klorese <address@concealed>のメール:

I’ve run out old server, and watched it decay, for the better part of a decade. Mostly our issues were with GUI customization that was hard to carry forward. So I have been trying to build a new up-to-date server for almost a week.

I am now worried that the script we are using to drive the integration may be a bit too fragile for us. I am not seeing the info logged that I need to make any progress, even at log-level 3. So I thought I would try a different approach.

Does anyone have a working Postfix-Sympa integration that:
- supports multiple robots
- does not assume they all are lists.* subdomains
- rejects mail to non-existent addresses rather than bouncing
- extra points if it can do auto-updating of aliases for added and deleted lists

If so, can I please get a copy? Thanks.

For me, the configuration you have been trying looks like a mixture of several outdated methods.

The best way to get a correctly working configuration is, I think, at first to erase all existing settings for Sympa and Postfix, and then follow the instructions in the manual below to completely redo the configuration from scratch:

  https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install/configure-mail-server.html

Regards,
— Soji

Sent from my iPhone