en - Re: [sympa-users] Same Message-Id for all mail receivers

  • From: Christof Thalhofer <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Same Message-Id for all mail receivers
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:34:11 +0100

Hi IKEDA,

Am 21.01.22 um 03:25 schrieb IKEDA Soji:

Is it possible to configure Sympa so that it generates a different
message-id for every single mail it sends?

If you mean that, when a list has multiple subscribers, message ID
will be different for each subscriber, it is not possible.

When a message is sent to multiple recipients, the message ID
in that message must always be the same so that the message will be
identified.

If you want to identify delivery to a particular recipient, you have
to look for the log entry which records delivery to that recipient.

That's the problem. If I get an abuse message from a provider, who's client tagged a message as spam I would like to identify the subscriber's email-address to delete it from the subscriber list.

The provider sends me the message-id and the timestamp of the message that caused the complaint but when I search the message-id in the logfile I see that the combination of Sympa and Postfix delivers so fast about 30 mails have been sent at this timestamp.

So I am not able to extract the single recipient from the logfile.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur