en - Re: [sympa-users] Same Message-Id for all mail receivers

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Christof Thalhofer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Same Message-Id for all mail receivers
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:25:07 +0900

Hi Christof,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:07:01 +0100
Christof Thalhofer <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use Sympa 6.2.40 for a newsletter which sends mails with personalized
> messages ('merge_feature' = on) and 'anonymous_sender' = address@concealed.
>
> The mailer is Postfix.
>
> When I send a mail via Sympa to the mailinglist I can see in the server
> logs that the mails to the different receivers of the mailinglist always
> get the same Message-id, for example:
>
> 'message-id=<listname.14@anonymous>'
>
> In the case that one of the recievers' provider refers to a mail and
> sends the Message-id to help me to identify the single mail in the logs
> I have the problem that I'm not able to find the single mail in the
> logfile because 'listname.14@anonymous>' occurs many thousand times in
> the logs.
>
> Is it possible to configure Sympa so that it generates a different
> message-id for every single mail it sends?

If you mean that, when a list has multiple subscribers, message ID
will be different for each subscriber, it is not possible.

When a message is sent to multiple recipients, the message ID
in that message must always be the same so that the message will be
identified.

If you want to identify delivery to a particular recipient, you have
to look for the log entry which records delivery to that recipient.

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン