en - Re: [sympa-users] Missing lists while moving/upgrade server

  • From: David Carter <address@concealed>
  • To: Ramon Roca <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Missing lists while moving/upgrade server
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 17:42:06 +0100

On 13/08/2021 19:28, Ramon Roca wrote:

Once logged into the web interface, while browsing lists (/wws/lists) appears completely empty.

That will iterate through the list config files on disk.

Going to administrator listmaster options, we can see all the lists at last message option (wws/get_inactive_lists) or latest lists by creation (/wws/get_latest_lists), the lists appear alphabetically ordered by list name, but missing columns at the list (like date of creation).

Probably a SQL database lookup, adding information from the config files (specifically the list creation data).

We can create successfully a new list, and then this new list appears while browsing lists, also to the options for listmasters, now with no missing data at the report.

Sounds like the database and filesystems are now in agreement.

So looks like we're still having some inconsistency, but no idea where or why. What else we could check?

https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/layout.html

It sounds like your Sympa 6.2 install is using a different value for EXPLDIR than your previous install, so it just isn't picking up the configuration files for existing lists.

EXPLDIR is normally /var/lib/sympa/list_data on Linux. I don't know if that changed between 6.1 and 6.2: I have only ever used 6.2.

--
David Carter Email: address@concealed
University of Cambridge, Phone: (01223) 334502