en - Re: [sympa-users] Missing lists while moving/upgrade server

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Missing lists while moving/upgrade server
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 09:43:35 +0200

On 16/08/2021 23:03, Ramon Roca wrote:
I think we advanced a lot :)

By repeating the process, after the upgrade everything looks good: All
the lists, subscribes, archives looks like expected and the errors
described before are gone.

The key point is to ensure that directories are on place, we we're
moving the server whole upgrading at the same time, and using the distro
package, so moving directory locations, finally we decided to keep at
the same location as was at the original server, and have them ready
before upgrading the database. IMHO the previous errors happened because
at the time we upgraded mysql, not everything was actually already in place.

Now all major functions works (web browsing, creating list, sending an
receiving messages, ...),  but he still have a minor issue on the templates.

For instance, on the origin server we had a footer like this for the
message footer:

[% listname %]: [% wwsympa_url %]/arc/[% listname %]
Esborrar-se/Unsubscribe: [% wwsympa_url %]/auto_signoff/[% listname %]/[%
user.escaped_email %]

But when sending a message, at the footer,  instead of replacing the
variables with its value, the message appears exactly like the template,
with the variable names, % signs, etc.

Good to hear that it works :-).

For the footer please check #12308:
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/upgrade/notes.html, From version
prior to 6.2.60
Personalization

Regards
Racke

However other messages (like the welcome to a subscriber for joining the
list), seems good.

note that we are using etc to /home/sympa/etc

Might we still have some confusion on the directories?

Debian and Sympa administration.