en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa web hosting

  • From: Peter Schober <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa web hosting
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 18:23:54 +0100

* Tom Browder <address@concealed> [2019-03-07 18:13]:
> I'm willing to support the independent move and donate a year's worth of
> hosting at some place like dedispec.com (where I lease a couple of
> bare-metal servers) to the sympa developers as a start. Let me know if you
> are interested.

That's great, of course, but often involving money won't make things
easier. Can RENATER handle the money on behalf of the community?
Accept donations? Or will you just move to commercially hosted
services paid for by a private person or another company? (How is that
making things "independent"?)

So at least have a look at (or talk to the folks behind)
https://commonsconservancy.org
which is now being used by Filesender, Cryptech, Identity Python and
other projects originating in academia (but are in no way limited to
that).

-peter