en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa web hosting

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa web hosting
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 10:39:00 -0500

On 3/7/19 10:12 AM, David Verdin wrote:

On 07/03/2019 16:08, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
Hello Tom,
I would like to see a non-profit organization for Sympa and related projects as well.

I have no idea how one does create such organization.

If anyone has any experience creating and/or running such a thing, I'm too interested in reading it.

Regards,

David

Perhaps a silly question, but why bother?  Renater has been a good parent & host for Sympa - and continues to provide support.  It would seem beneficial to continue as things are.

Unless Renater is talking about removing support.

Might I note that the Apache daemon - perhaps the post child for Open Source - began life and NCSA, and remained there until after Rob McCool left, and support stalled.  If there's no precipitating event for Sympa - why are we talking about this?

Miles Fidelman (very happy Sympa user)

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra