en - Re: [sympa-users] Docker for Sympa

  • From: Dave Page <address@concealed>
  • To: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Docker for Sympa
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 16:28:46 +0000

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 08:20:08AM +0100, Marc Chantreux wrote:

> we started your own one during the last hackathon but we never finished
> it because:
>
> * the philosophy of docker is to contain one process by image
> * sympa run multiple processes

I'm not sure that /is/ the philosophy of Docker. The philosophy is one
/workload/ per image, IME. For example, the FreeIPA Docker container -
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Docker - which runs an LDAP server, web server,
Kerberos server and other things in one container, to provide one coherent set
of functionality.

Cheers,
Dave