en - Re: [sympa-users] Docker for Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Docker for Sympa
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 08:20:08 +0100

hello David,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:52:06PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> I've found a number of Docker containers for Sympa but I was wondering
> if there's one recommended by the Sympa community?

we started your own one during the last hackathon but we never finished
it because:

* the philosophy of docker is to contain one process by image
* sympa run multiple processes

so basically we should use something like docker composer or swarm +
shared directories. how does lock react then? i don't know. the project
didn't go anyway because of my lack of knowledge and motivation for
docker.

i'm not aware of the other docker images, none is official but if you
can list them, maybe we can contac the authors and welcome them to the
project.

there is also a Vagrant env. for devel purpose here:

https://github.com/sympa-community/ansible-webmail-server

regards
marc